Thursday, 5 July 2012

CT guided lung biopsy...

Yesterday I turned up at the hospital Surgical Admissions Unit (SAU) for my biopsy.  I went the long way around - I will never ever pass through those doors again.  When I turned up at 7.20am, I was not on their list.  We had paid $250 to stay in a house for the night and half the day so that there was room for 3 miserable-still getthing over the D's & V's-grumpy-tired children to run around and not trip over themselves or their father who had them by himself.

I had better have been on their list...

They checked again and yes, I was there but booked for the 11th.  I didn't have my paper but I am a reasonably persuasive person and they were happy to have me and wait until Radiology opened at 8ish and ring to find out.  Of course at 8.20 rad said yes, yes she's booked.

With no notes or even info on what was happening SAU 'prepped' me.  Actually they just got me to put on a gown but I refused to take off my longjohns, socks and hat.  I'm not stupid.  It's a hospital - it's cold.

They dutifully delivered me on the bed to Rad who bemoaned the fact there was no IV.  So I trotted off around the corner to oncology where they accessed the port, then I trotted back like a good little patient.

At about 10am in we went, after marking then scanning, local anaesthetic,scan, more local, scan, poke with big needle, scan, poke more, scan more over and over and over - they got 'hopefully a few cells'. And then I had to lie on my hole.  About an inch from my sternum to my right and directly along my scar was where they had poked, this bit of me had to be on the bed with the rest of my weight above it to keep pressure on so I didn't get a pneumothorax.

I lay like this for 2 and a half hours.

I was supposed to go for a chest x-ray at 1.15 to check all was good and no air leaking out, at 2pm SAU rang Rad who said any minute.  About half 2 I went up still lying like a broken person, got to sit up and have a 5 sec chest x-ray and sent back to SAU to be discharged.

Ready to go home starving and dehydrated, I went to the toilet, inhaled to cough and started to spew because of the disgusting purple toilet smelly accessory thing (whoever invented them needs a poke in the eye with a burnt stick).  Then of course everyone was excited.  But I had my grumpy face by then so I just went home anyway despite them saying I should wait and have a delicious sandwich of white bread and cheese slice.

We were home just before 5pm, what a long day for everyone.

Lung biopsy done...(I hope..)


  1. Really? You passed up their delicious sandwich? You have true self-control!

    On a serious note, I really really hope they got what they went in for.

  2. Thanks to for his wonderful work, My girlfriend left a week before our vacation to be with another man. I was desperate to get her back when I found dr.marnish. I tried 5 other people to do a spell to get her back and nothing worked. I was still alone. Then I found dr.marnish by accident. I don’t know how I found him, I don’t remember. But, when I first saw the good testimonies about his wonderful work and after reading the Testimonies, I decided I had to try and give it one last shot. After my spells, I got a text from my lover. And we started going back and forth by text, she asked to meet the next day. So we did, and that night we ended up sleeping together, and about a few days after we got back together. anyone who needs help, should email dr.marnish. He is the best.
    Howard packer

  3. Cured of TNBC!
    I want to take this time out as a cancer survivor to encourage women out there still suffering from this with my story on how i got a cure. The sad news about it is that i was diagnosed on my 36th birthday in 2008 and with stage 3 TNBC which after i made research was a very aggressive form of cancer at that point i decided and told myself i was going to die and that the end has finally come. All my life i never thought of having breast cancer because i was very active and i worked out at the gym several times every week and my diet was okay. In my search for a cure after 6 years of diagnosis and even after chemo which i did twice spending thousands of dollars but to no avail, until a church member told me all about Dr Aleta a herbal doctor that specializes in treating TNBC, who could help me with a permanent cure, i doubted this at first but i later gave it a try following her methods and instructions. It took 3 months and after it all i felt normal but still went for diagnosis and i was clean today i am proud to say i am a cancer survivor no nodes and i am totally free the new diagnosis confirmed it. Do not die in silence or ignorance because of breast cancer just simply reach her on don't be shy just speak to her today.

  4. Thank you for your miracle Doctor Osemu Okpamen

    This article is dedicated to the Doctor Osemu Okpamen. I have been married with my wife for 5 years and recently she broke up with me and it hurt me deeply when she told me to leave her alone and that she does not love me anymore when i was always faithful and honest to her. I tried all the ways to get her back buying her what she wants like i always did and she still left me heart broken and she even has a new boyfriend which destroyed me even more until a friend of mine from high school directed me to this genuine spell Doctor called Osemu Okpamen. This man changed my life completely. I followed everything he told me to do and my wife came back begging for me back. I was stunned everything happened exactly like he told me. I had faith in everything he told me and everything was true. Also he was there every moment until i got my happiness back and he also provides spells that cures impotence, bareness, diseases such as HIV/AID E.T.C You can contact him via email at { } or visit his website He will help you in anything you need and quick to answer once you contact him.

    You can also call me for more info +1 (914)-517-3229.

  5. In 2011 at age of 29 years, I was told I had fibroid. My doctor, who did surgery to remove the fibroids in 2014, said that I had a lump in my stomach which was very big. I had experienced no pain whatsoever with this condition only a slight discharge which caused me to go to see the doctor in the first place. He operated a couple of weeks later and found that I had bilateral cysts and removed my right ovary which was 8" in diameter and was fully cystic and also removed what he could of the cyst that was on my left ovary, leaving me with what he described as a "fraction" of my ovary. They were diagnosed as chocolate cysts and he said that if I didn't have children within five years, it was unlikely that I would have any. I married in 2015, came in contact with Dr. Leonard's herbal medicine early last year and now gave birth to my daughter. I never had any problems again in this regard and he said that the herbal medicine would also help prevent any further fibroids and cysts from forming which I now believe am free from these ailment. This may give some hope to people who find themselves in a similar situation. I often wonder how many children I would end up with if I had two full working ovaries.